Josette C. Allen obtained her bachelor’s degree in economics from Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) in 1989 and her Juris Doctorate from Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) in 1992.
Ms. Allen concentrates her law practice in the area of family law. She has extensive experience in the area of family law which includes pretrial discovery, motion practice, contested hearings, and trials. She can handle complex family law litigation involving children and/or finances, whether it is pre or post-Judgment. Prior to joining Momkus McCluskey LLC, Ms. Allen owned and operated her own law practice.
Ms. Allen’s legal experience is diverse and widespread as it relates to representing children in the legal system. She is a court appointed guardian ad litem in DuPage County on behalf of children of divorce. As a former hearing officer for the Illinois State Board of Education, she handled special education matters involving children with disabilities. As a former public defender, she represented parents and children in the juvenile system involving abuse, neglect, and delinquency.
Ms. Allen is also a family law mediator and has been trained in the area of dispute resolution pertaining to mediation, arbitration, and collaborative law.
Her interests include spending time with family and friends, boxing and yoga.
- Illinois, 1992
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Josette Allen
- Illinois State Board of Education, Due Process Hearing Officer
- Law Offices of William J. Stogsdill
- DuPage County Public Defender
- Landau, Omahana and Kopka
- Moss and Hillison