DuPage County Estate, Trust and Asset Protection Attorneys
Experienced Estate Planning Lawyers Serving Naperville, Downers Grove and Surrounding Areas
At Momkus McCluskey LLC, our experienced estate planning attorneys are available to help you create a plan based on your needs and in accordance with your final wishes. We start by assessing your long-term goals so we can employ the tools that will most effectively achieve them; ensuring that the assets within your estate are preserved and smoothly transitioned to your successors and/or beneficiaries.
Comprehensive Estates, Trusts and Asset Protection Strategies
Estate planning is highly personalized and often involves a complex web of unique family dynamics. A comprehensive plan includes not only making final arrangements for your estate, but also preparing for other potential scenarios such as physical disabilities, long-term care and mental incapacitation. There are many important considerations to be taken into account; such as naming your estate administrator, beneficiaries, someone to manage your affairs should you no longer be able to do so, and someone to look after your minor children (if you have any). Not only do you need to choose the right people in all these areas, you must also structure your affairs in a way that protects as much of your hard-earned assets as possible from estate taxes.
Our estate planning lawyers have vast experience with business law, healthcare law, and several related fields. We put our unique blend of experience to work to craft innovative solutions that effectively protect the interests of each client we serve. Our attorneys are friendly, responsive and results-oriented. We build customized plans around your specific needs to accomplish your goals in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
Estate Planning Services We Provide Include:
- Wills & Trusts: We help you structure your will and/or trusts in a way that legally achieves your long-term goals.
- Disability Planning: Tools such as living trusts, special needs trusts, OBRA trusts, powers of attorney and others can make your estate plan more complete and help you prepare for any eventuality.
- Elder Law: This covers legal issues involving seniors and their adult children. We work with our senior clients to ensure that they are employing the necessary tools to protect their estates; these include wills, trusts, guardianships, powers of attorney, elder healthcare plans and many others.
- Guardianships: Minor children require additional legal effort to make sure they are taken care of in the event of a worst-case scenario. Similarly, seniors who are no longer able to make decisions regarding their estates may designate a guardian or custodian to provide for their care and manage the estate.
- Business Succession Planning: Without an ironclad business succession plan, the loss of a family business visionary often results in serious challenges for the surviving members.
- Powers of Attorney: Granting a trusted person the ability to represent you in a given legal context, be it a single specific transaction or a larger scope of issues, can be a powerful tool for ensuring that your wishes are carried out in the event of a sudden incapacitation or similar issue.
- Probate and Estate Administration: Acting as your executor or as counsel to your executor, we ensure that your estate is administered and distributed according to your final wishes. We cover all counties in Northern Illinois, including DuPage County, Cook County, Kane County, Lake County and Will County.
- Tax Planning: Tax planning is a vital part of growing your assets; but without skilled guidance, it is very easy to miss out on valuable tax saving opportunities. Our attorneys help you employ effective tools to minimize your tax burden and maximize the value of your estate.
If you need a firm to handle a full range of estate, trust and asset protection issues with a focus on asset preservation and distribution according to your final wishes, contact Momkus McCluskey LLC today for at (630) 434-0400 for a consultation.