International Trade Attorneys
Import and Export Lawyers Serving Business Owners Throughout Illinois
Increasingly, U.S. manufacturers and other companies are importing goods or component parts, and U.S. technology and other companies are hiring foreign workers, off-shoring work and developing new technology for export. All these companies are subject to complicated and constantly changing import and export laws. It is very important for companies to be compliant in all transactions, yet the laws and regulations can be difficult to understand.
Handling the Problem Employee
Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC can assist you in understanding the requirements of the various federal agencies and which requirements apply to your transactions. Our experience working for both the federal government and manufacturers allows us to prioritize issues and therefore handle trade compliance in a cost-effective manner. We offer a full range of trade law services which include:
Whether you are starting a new line of business that requires importing finished goods or component parts, or whether you have an established import practice, Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC can assist you. We have experience providing a broad range of import services including:
- Import Start-Ups – If you are interested in starting a business importing final goods for resale or component parts for manufacturing, we can assist in laying the legal foundation for such importations. We can classify, determine the country of origin, and advise on marking requirements and applicable duty rates.
- Import Compliance Reviews – Our experienced team can review your import policies and procedures and provide a report detailing any discovered compliance issues. We can prioritize issues based on risks and assist in implementing any necessary changes.
- Customs Classifications – We can assist you in the classification of your goods or can file classification ruling requests or protests with the Office of International Trade, U.S. Customs, and Border Protection. We have experience classifying a broad range of goods and can advocate for you with the various federal agencies.
- Country of Origin Determinations – As manufacturers increasingly have facilities in various countries, and goods are manufactured and assembled in multiple locations, determining the country of origin is becoming increasingly complicated. Our experienced trade attorneys can assist in determining the country of origin of various goods, provide tariff engineering analysis, and advocate for your country of origin determinations with the Office of International Trade, U.S. Customs, and Border Protection.
- Protests – Whether your classification, country of origin or determined value are in dispute, we can assist by filing protests with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of International Trade.
To schedule a consultation with an established international trade attorney, contact Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC.
It is very important that companies that export goods or technology be knowledgeable about and compliant with export regulations. The definition of “exportation” includes the physical shipment of items out of the customs territory of the United States, as well as the release of goods and technology to non-U.S. citizens both in the U.S. and abroad. We provide a range of export-related services including:
- Export Classifications – To determine whether goods or technology are controlled, those goods or technology must first be classified. We can assist in classifying all goods and technology created by a U.S. company and all technology and goods exported out of the U.S., so that determinations as to license requirements can be made.
- Export Licenses – Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC can assist you in applying for export licenses based on the country of export and end user.
- Export Compliance Review – We have experience working with a broad range of manufacturers and technology companies. We can conduct compliance reviews of your export policies, procedures and practices to determine whether your export practices are compliant with the web of federal regulations around exporting goods and technology.
- Export Compliance Program – Every client’s business is different and requires an export compliance program that is tailored to their specific needs. Our broad range of client experience has provided us with the knowledge necessary to create a precise and streamlined program for each line of business.
- Export Training – As ongoing compliance requires understanding the laws and regulations, we can provide training to clients and their employees so they can maintain compliance in a cost-effective manner.
To schedule a consultation with an established international trade attorney, contact Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC. Our experience business law attorneys serve clients throughout Illinois, including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will, and Lake Counties.