Commercial Transactions Attorneys
Experienced Illinois Commercial Transactions and Contracts Lawyers
In order to survive and grow, businesses of all sizes enter into a wide range of contracts and commercial transactions. These agreements involve the exchange of money, goods, services and a promise to fulfill all obligations related to these areas. Though handshakes and verbal agreements were once commonplace, today a written contract is needed to provide assurance that all parties will keep their promises. However, these contracts can be quite complex and difficult to understand. To ensure the contract accomplishes your objectives, you need the counsel of a skilled commercial transaction lawyer.
At Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC, we help businesses draft and decipher even the most complicated commercial contracts. Our team of DuPage County business law attorneys has in-depth experience with all types of commercial transactions. We take the time to understand your needs and prepare each contract with your goals in mind. Our goal is to provide our clients with an ironclad agreement that protects your interests and minimizes the chances of a future contract dispute.
Negotiating Contracts with Big Companies (and Smaller Ones Too)
Our skilled business law team assists in the negotiation, drafting, review and closing of all types of commercial transactions and contracts in Illinois. Some of the more common transactions we handle include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Our attorneys have handled the sale and purchase of well over 100 businesses ranging in size from $1 Million to $250 Million in revenues. These agreements often integrate the sale of the business with seller financing, employment agreements and non-competition agreements.
- Contracts for the Purchase and Sale of Goods, Services and Technology: We have handled virtually every type of commercial contract imaginable, including the sale and purchase of heavy equipment, consumer goods, tractor/trailers and rail cars, software and professional services. We understand the need for rapid response and targeted solutions to help get the deal done.
- Financing and Lending Agreements: We draft and prepare mortgages and other loan agreements for banks and review them for borrowers. Financing transactions we deal with include loan and security agreements, promissory notes, factory, inventory and receivables financing, construction and development loans, equipment leasing, private placements, secured transactions and many others.
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions: We handle contracts for sales, purchases, financing and leases for all types of commercial real estate and assist developers in navigating the entire process of zoning approvals, permits financing, contractors and leasing.
- Franchising and Licensing Agreements: We draw up agreements for entities that want to franchise their product/service or license another party to distribute it.
- Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs): We draft agreements between businesses and third party vendors to ensure trade secrets are kept confidential both during and after their working relationship.
- Partnership/Shareholder Agreements: Partnership and shareholder disputes can threaten the survival of a business. Our skilled commercial contracts attorneys help minimize the chances of such disputes by preparing agreements designed to satisfy all parties involved.
If you need a team of seasoned attorneys to assist you in all phases of commercial transactions and contracts, contact Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC today at (630) 434-0400 for your consultation. Our experienced business law attorneys provide counsel, advice and review from our team of experienced commercial transactions lawyers in DuPage County, Chicago, Cook County, Kane County, Will County, Lake County, McHenry County, Kendall County, DeKalb County and throughout Illinois.