Areas Of Practice
Ronald Nyberg focuses his practice on counseling business organizations and business owners on a wide range of matters including start-up and business formation strategies; partnership, operating, shareholder and buy-sell agreements; mergers and acquisitions; business succession planning; and providing general business advice. Mr. Nyberg also provides counsel to individuals and families on a variety of estate planning issues.
Prior to entering the private practice of law in October of 2000, Mr. Nyberg served for 17 years as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Director of Van Kampen Investments, Inc. In addition to serving as General Counsel, Mr. Nyberg had a number of business responsibilities during his tenure at Van Kampen, including serving as point person for the company’s mutual fund business and playing a lead role in the successful execution of a number of mergers and acquisitions involving Van Kampen.
Mr. Nyberg received his Juris Doctor degree with high honors from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1978 and his Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude from Augustana College in 1975.
He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Guggenheim Partners’ family of mutual funds. He also is a member of the American Bar Association and the Illinois Bar Association and is a former member of the Federal Rules Committee of the Investment Company Institute and a former director of ICI Mutual Insurance Company.
Mr. Nyberg and his wife, Nancy, are active in numerous community, church-related and charitable organizations. He serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Augustana College, Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare System, The Rotary Club of Naperville- Downtown where he is a past President, and is the past Chairman of The Edward Hospital Foundation. Nancy serves on the Board of the DuPage Children’s Museum, The Edward Hospital Foundation and was formerly a board member of the Naperville Education Foundation.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1978
- J.D., High Honors
- Augustana College, Chicago, Illinois, 1975
- B.A., Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Guggenheim Partners’ Family of Mutual Funds, Board Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Augustana College, Board Member
- Federal Rules Committee of the Investment Company Institute, Former Member
- ICI Mutual Insurance Company, Former Director
- Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare System, Board Member
- The Rotary Club of Naperville (Downtown), Former President
- The Edward Hospital Foundation, Former Chairman