Areas Of Practice
Daniel Porter started as an Associate with the firm's commercial litigation group in 2015.
Mr. Porter previously worked as a Staff Attorney for the 18th Judicial Circuit Court in DuPage County, serving as a judicial advisor in the law, chancery, domestic relations, and criminal divisions. Dan advised and collaborated with the judges at all stages of litigation, including pleadings, dispositive motions, discovery, procedural issues and trials. The experience as a Staff Attorney gave Mr. Porter insight on how to best navigate DuPage litigation to obtain the best results for a client.
Mr. Porter attended undergrad at Iowa State University and graduated magna cum laude from Northern Illinois University College of Law. He externed for Justice Schostok on the Illinois Appellate Court, Second District, where he became familiar with appellate practice.
In his free time, Mr. Porter likes to play basketball, golf, cook, attend concerts, and spend time with friends and family.
- State of Illinois, 2013
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, IL, 2013
- Juris Doctorate, Magna Cum Laude
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2010
- B.A., Sociology and Criminal Justice
- Minor in Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- New Lawyers Division Leadership Committeeman
- American Inns of Court, DuPage County Chapter
- Drafting an All-Star Lineup of Co-Trustees for Trust Management, Co-Author, DCBA Brief, Vol. 28 (June 2016)
- Then I Saw the Contract, Now I’m a Believer: Why “Concept Groups” are “Works for Hire” and Cannot Invoke Statutory Termination Rights After 2013, 32 N. ILL. U. L. REV. 507 (2012).
Past Employment Positions
- 18th Judicial Circuit Court, DuPage County, Staff Attorney, 2014-2015
- Illinois Appellate Court, Second District, Legal Extern for Justice Seminara-Schostok, Summer 2012
- NIU Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Student Bar Association, President and American Bar Association Representative